c£40,000 per annum OTE
Remote based: covering West Country and South Wales
An exciting new Area Sales Manager role has arisen within our client's business. You will be joining a market leading company who have been in the business for over 30 years, and are now seeking an experienced area sales manager to join their growing team and drive territory sales. An understanding or experience of the construction industry or related fields is essential.
Are there any benefits?
- Company car with fuel card
- Pension contribution to private scheme
- Mobile phone and laptop provided
So, what could a normal day consist of?
- Independently develop and grow sales within area of responsibility
- Developing market knowledge to successfully drive commercial activities
- Maintain relationship with key stakeholders (including merchants, contractors, distributors)
- Working closely with management and communicating all developments from the area
- Creating a 12 week business plan to ensure maximised revenues
- Report on competitor activity and work to raise the standard of business perception in the marketplace
- Contribute to updates on company website and ensure all data is relevant
- Seek out opportunities for Trade Mornings/Trade Days and attend such events
- Attend exhibitions as required
What if I don’t have all of the above experience?
An ideal candidate for this Area Sales Manager role will also be considered if you have transferable skills from the below sectors:
- Social Care
I like it, tell me more!
The successful candidate for this Area Sales Manager role will ideally have three years experience within a field-based managerial role. The key objective – manage sales within your defined territory to achieve maximum profitability. You will ideally have a disciplined approach in your work, and will benefit from a range of company bonuses including your own company car (with fuel card) and a supplied laptop and mobile phone. Our client is keen to hear from you, and are offering a competitive salary for those with the right experience.
What do you want from me?
To be considered for this Area Sales Manager role, you will need the following experience:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a field-based sales role, preferably working with builders merchants
- Strong understanding of customer/market dynamics and requirements within roofing products/building materials/paint/DIY consumer products/or industrial sales
- Willingness to travel in the defined territory and work from home office
- Good understanding of modern IT business tools
- Discipline approach to territory management
- Provide on-going training for staff
- Promote and attend trade days
YES, I'm definitely interested. Tell me what I need to do next!
If you are interested in applying for this Area Sales Manager role, please click "Apply Now" or contact one of the Simpson Dean Team on 020 7082 8100.