c£8.50 per hour
Full-Time/Temporary to possible Permanent
An exciting new Warehouse Operative role has arisen within our client's business. We are looking for a proactive and efficient person who would like to work in a busy but friendly environment. This position will be Temporary up to September 2019, however, has the strong possibility to become Permanent.
Are there any benefits?
- On site parking
- Paid 30 minute paid lunch break
- Minimum 3 hour paid retainer for last minute warehouse duties
- Enhanced overtime payments out of contractual hours
So, what could a normal day consist of?
- Counting equipment onto and off jobs
- Packaging it neatly into flight cases for hire
- Putting it back in the correct part of the warehouse when it comes back
- Testing, cleaning and coiling cables
- De-taping and cleaning truss - Painting truss and other metalwork as required
- Assisting with loading and unloading of trucks
- Carrying out stock checks and assisting with company stock control procedures
I like it, tell me more!
The successful candidate for this Warehouse Operative role should be able to cope with an extensive stock of fixtures, lighting desks, cable, rigging, dimming equipment which you’ll be part of the team prepping, de-prepping and keeping in good working order.
What do you want from me?
To be considered for this Warehouse Operative role, you will need the following experience:
- Attention to detail and high standards of workmanship
- Good level of written and verbal communication
- Numerical skills (a large part of the job involves accurately counting items)
- Ability to load and unload trucks and carry out other manual handling tasks safely
- Flexible attitude to overtime as required, including some late nights, early mornings and weekends
- Ability to work under pressure and meet critical deadlines
Desirable but not essential would be:
- A candidate that has come from a Mechanic/Technician background would be advantageous
- Ability to follow company H&S procedures and safe systems of work Desirable (but we can provide additional training in all these areas.)
- Basic electrical knowledge
- Counterbalance forklift license
- Full UK driving license
- Previous experience in the entertainment industry
YES, I'm definitely interested. Tell me what I need to do next!
If you are interested in applying for this Warehouse Operative role, please click "Apply Now" or contact on of the Simpson Dean Team on 01494 419 192