c£30,000 per annum DOE
An exciting new Catering Manager role has arisen within our client's business. We are seeking a skilled and proactive individual to take charge of all activities in a large HUB kitchen, which services 23 schools and produces approximately 15,000 meals a week.
Are there any benefits?Term-Time only Private healthcare
So, what could a normal day consist of?
- Overseeing food preparation and cooking.
- Managing kitchen staff and conducting their induction.
- Initiating recruitment to fill agreed vacancies and conducting interviews.
- Ensuring the unit operates within financial guidelines and taking immediate remedial action if failing.
- Controlling hygiene, health & safety, and security in the kitchen.
- Ordering and controlling food stock.
- Assisting in menu planning and costing.
- Checking deliveries of catering and cleaning materials.
- Rostering staff to cover functions.
- Conducting inspections in the kitchen to ensure equipment and area safety and cleanliness.
- Performing routine administration duties and reconciliation of cash if applicable.
- Overseeing emergencies like flooding and spills.
- Managing the fleet of vehicles, ensuring MOT and servicing are up to date.
- Business management
- Social care
I like it, tell me more!
As the Catering Manager, you will be responsible for food preparation, ordering, stock control, hygiene, health & safety, and staff management. The Catering Manager will also be involved in menu planning, costing, and maintaining a professional relationship with clients and suppliers.
What do you want from me?
To be considered for this Catering Manager role, you will need the following experience:
- Basic Hygiene Certificate
- Supervisory Skills
- Able to deal with children in an appropriate manner
- Knowledge of Health and Safety
- Manual Handling
YES, I'm definitely interested. Tell me what I need to do next!
If you are interested in applying for this Catering Manager, please click "Apply Now" or contact one of the Simpson Dean Team on 01494 419 192