c£70,000 per annum DOE
Based near Amersham
An exciting new Site Manager role has arisen within our client's business. We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced candidate to take control of the construction side of the business for a fast-growing residential development company. Each site is typically a 12-month project for 2 to 6 dwellings with usually 3 sites overlapping at any one time.
- Competitive salary
- Permanent, full-time position
- Opportunity to work with a distinguished and growing company
So, what could a normal day consist of?
- Overseeing the work of tradesmen and ensuring quality and timeliness of their works.
- Scheduling work and material orders, allocating resources, quality control and completion according to the schedule
- Ensure procurement of labour and materials to prevent delays
- Ensuring each site keeps to program
- Working closely with the support team at head office with a desire to be part of a small team all supporting each other
- Planning 3 to 4 weeks ahead to ensure a smooth construction process with the minimum of delays.
- Taking responsibility for Health & Safety on each site
- Business management
I like it, tell me more!
The successful candidate for this Site Manager role should be able to take responsibility and accountability for the construction element of each residential project, be adaptable to all situations, have the ability to manage a team of sub-contractors, possess a sound commercial knowledge and understanding of construction, and have many years of experience on-site.
What do you want from me?
To be considered for this Site Manager role, you will need the following experience:
- The ability to take responsibility and accountability for the construction element of each residential project
- Not precious about chipping in where necessary, focused on completing the job in hand
- Hard working able to take the initiative
- Understanding the importance of managing a team of sub-contractors
- General commercial knowledge and understanding
- Technically minded
- Confidence to drive the project forward
- Researching new sub-contractors and checking previous work and references
- Comfortable multi-tasking
- A sound commercial knowledge and understanding of construction
- Minimum 5 years of experience on construction site
YES, I'm definitely interested. Tell me what I need to do next!
If you are interested in applying for this Site Manager role, please click "Apply Now" or contact one of the Simpson Dean Team on 01494 419 192