c£30,000 per annum DOE
Remote - central location Berkshire
An exciting new Catering Area Manager role has arisen within our client's business. We are seeking a responsible Catering Area Manager for the management of resources, staff and food for our clients' portfolio of school catering contracts (covering up to 27 Primary Schools). This role is remote with regular site visits to clients in Newbury, Reading, Wokingham, Reading, Thatcham, High Wycombe, Theale, and Basingstoke.
Are there any benefits?Term-Time only Mileage paid Private healthcare
So, what could a normal day consist of?
- Identify improvements to service, quality and operational efficiency
- Report to Operations Director to improve services and overcome problems
- Design and implement effective systems of production and train catering staff to work to company guidelines
- Ensure all units operate within the financial guidelines set and to take immediate action in failing units
- Liaise with the school staff and student representatives to ensure that the meals and service meets customer expectations and changing requirements
- Participate in disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Initiate recruitment to fill agreed vacancies
- Conduct area meetings once every half-term per area to ensure good communications
- Business management
- Social care
I like it, tell me more!
The successful candidate for this Catering Area Manager role should have strong interpersonal skills, particularly when problem-solving and dealing with staff. A sound working knowledge of IT systems is desirable. Excellent cooking skills to NVQ level 2 or equivalent is essential. You should be able to communicate effectively across all levels. As this is a school catering business, you must also have a good understanding of operational practices and in-depth knowledge of school catering and nutrition. School hours and term dates apply. This role usually entails keeping the finances in order, however, this responsibility will not reside with you.
What do you want from me?
To be considered for this Catering Area Manager role, you will need the following experience:
- Customer-focussed management experience is essential
- In depth knowledge and experience of school catering and nutrition
- Knowledge of Health and Safety
- Cooking skills to NVQ level 2 or equivalent
- Communication skills at various levels from young children through to Managing Director
- Good understanding of the operational practices and working methods and work schedules involved
YES, I'm definitely interested. Tell me what I need to do next!
If you are interested in applying for this Catering Area Manager, please click "Apply Now" or contact one of the Simpson Dean Team on 01494 419 192