c£60,000 per annum DOE
Based near High Wycombe
An exciting new Quantity Surveyor role has arisen within our client's business. We are seeking a Site Manager/Quantity Surveyor to oversee the cost of construction projects and manage outside works. This is a full-time, permanent position, split between Quantity Surveying and Site Management responsibilities.
Are there any benefits?On site parking Pension contribution Discretionary Christmas bonus Potential company car (including fuel car) Progression within the company
So, what could a normal day consist of?
- Determining clients' needs
- Calculating material quantities and costs, labour costs and project timeframe
- Negotiating contracts and schedules
- Monitoring subcontractors, safety practices & construction progress
- Writing reports detailing costs and progress for clients
- Supervise direction of projects, ensuring that the client’s specifications and requirements are met
- Liase with the client other construction professionals throughout the project cycle
- Coordinate and supervise construction workers
- Ensure safety inspections are met
- Check and prepare site reports
- Maintain quality control procedures
- Negotiate contracts and secure permits and licences
What if I don’t have all of the above experience?
An ideal candidate for this Site Manager/Quantity Surveyor role will also be considered if you have transferable skills from the below sectors
- Business management
I like it, tell me more!
As the Site Manager/Quantity Surveyor, your role will comprise of both Quantity Surveying and Site Management, so you must be confident taking on all aspects of contractual and financial construction projects. You should be able to manage a team effectively, communicate across all levels, and oversee costs for continual construction projects within budget. This role would be ideal for a knowledgable Quantity Surveyor who is looking to build their experience and progress within Site Management. Graduates will be considered at a lowwer salary leve, however a strong understanding of Quantity Surveying and a good work-ethic is essential.
What do you want from me?
To be considered for this Site Manager/Quantity Surveyor role, you will need the following experience:Proven collaborative leader with experience delivering large scale projects Experienced leading multi-contractor team Ability to review information, consult, and make agile decisions Ability to out-perform against a tight budget
YES, I'm definitely interested. Tell me what I need to do next!
If you are interested in applying for this Site Manager/Quantity Surveyor role, please click "Apply Now" or contact one of the Simpson Dean Team on 01494 419 192