IT Support Engineer
IT Support Engineer
c£40,000 per annum DOE
Based near Sunderland / 20% Remote
An exciting IT Support Engineer role has arisen in our client's business, who are seeking a technical engineer to provide customer support for a range of specialist electronics. We are looking for an IT Support Engineer with experience in physical Access Control hardware, such as keypads, readers and cards, video entry or door automation. The client is offering an impressive salary package amongst other fantastic benefits to the perfect candidate, and one day per week will be working remotely. The client is advertising in two locations (High Wycombe or Sunderland), and working hours are Monday to Friday, 8:45am-17:15pm.
Are there any benefits?
- Private healthcare
- Cash plan for health
- Pension and performance bonuses
- 22 days annual leave
- Supported training
- Death in service
What do you want from me?
To be considered for this IT Support Engineer role, you will need the following experience:
- Strong Knowledge of Access Control systems is (Essential)
- Education to A level or University Degree or Full Apprenticeship (Essential)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Essential)
- Working knowledge of a CRM (Beneficial)
- Experience working on a helpdesk or in telephone support (Beneficial)
- Ability to build and maintain good working relationships with customers, suppliers and colleagues
- Customer focused
What if I don’t have all of the above experience?
The ideal candidate for this IT Support Engineer role will also be considered if you have transferable skills from the below sectors
- Business management
I like it, tell me more!
The successful candidate for this IT Support Engineer role will have excellent customer service skills and be able to confidently resolve issues by troubleshooting with customers over the phone, web-chat or by email. Our client has a vast portfolio of Access Control products from transmitters and receivers to intercom posts and electric locks - experience in repairing these or related systems is essential. Our client is also offering the opportunity to make the most of their extensive training academy for those who wish to progress their knowledge within technical engineering. 4 days per week will be based in our client's offices in Sunderland, and 1 day a week will be remote.
So, what could a normal day consist of?
- Providing troubleshooting assistance via telephone and email
for a range of Access Control related hardware
- Provide technical advice to external customers and
- Maintaining technical/drawing files on products
- Manage/update internal CRM Support ticket database
- Provide excellent customer service
- Provide suggestions for improvement of practices within the
YES, I'm definitely interested. Tell me what I need to do
If you are interested in applying for this IT Support Engineer role, please click "Apply Now" or contact one of the Simpson Dean Team on 020 7082 8100