Salary c£60,000 per annum
Based near Frimley
An exciting new Senior Process Engineer role has arisen within our client's business who are seeking an experienced engineer to
join the team and play an important role in contributing to business' growth. This is a significant opportunity to contribute to the business growth of a market leading process solutions company with over 150 years in business.
Are there any benefits?
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Christmas shutdown
- Exceptional private pension scheme
- Benefits package (which includes: buying holiday dates, cycle to work schemes and other fantastic additions)
So, what could a normal day consist of?
- Work under the direction of the Process Engineering Manager to support the transfer of technology and introduction of new products to the engineering team
- Work with the Proposals and Engineering Teams to support value engineering and standardisation of the core product portfolio
- Attend and participate in bid clarification meetings, technical discussions regarding technologies, kick-off meetings, and provide process input to ensure customer care is at the foremost position
- Present to clients and other industry professionals
- Perform simulation studies and develop heat & mass balance sheets
- Manage and execute conceptual and optimisation studies
- Develop PFDs and P&IDs to suit process requirements
- Calculate and size process equipment (such as pressure vessels, 3-Phase Separators, De-oiling Hydrocyclones, filters, pumps, eductors, etc.)
- Perform hydraulic calculations and line sizing of single and multiphase fluid flow and slurry flow pipelines
- Select and size control and manual valves to suit process requirements
What if I don’t have all of the above experience?
An ideal candidate for this Analyst role will also be considered if you have transferable skills from the below sectors:
- Social care
I like it, tell me more!
The successful candidate for this Process Engineer role will have good attention to detail and exceptional communication skills, both spoken and written. They will have an excellent work ethic and will not be afraid to go the extra mile to support the team in projects, design engineering and tendering. In return, the client is offering a range of company bonuses, which include benefits packages and the choice to opt into their private pension scheme. Experience within oil and gas is desired, but not essential, and an excellent understanding of computational fluid dynamics is essential.
What do you want from me?
To be considered for this Process Engineer role, you will need the following experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Process or Chemical Engineering, or similar
- Hands on experience in the process engineering industry
- Experience in oil and gas - desired but not essential
- Good command of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to create high quality engineering reports and deliverables
- Understanding of engineering documents and drawings
- Have an understanding of instrumentation and its’ use
- Knowledge of process simulation (Hysys, Unisim etc)
- Knowledge of AutoCAD
- Knowledge of NACE and Norsok Standards
- Exceptional skills in the use of Excel, including VBA programming
- Exposure to Computational Fluid Dynamics or associated modelling techniques
YES, I'm definitely interested. Tell me what I need to do next!
If you are interested in applying for this Process Engineer role, please click "Apply Now" or contact one of the Simpson Dean Team on 020 7082 8100