c£20,000 per annum
An exciting new Gardener role has arisen within our client's business. We are seeking a well rounded individual who is keen and enjoys being outdoors all year round, to help with the garden maintenance on an 140-acre private estate. As the gardener you will work as part of a small team looking after the maintenance of all equipment and machinery, keeping them in good condition in line with prescribed servicing schedules and be responsible for the general maintenance of the estate. This position will be working Monday - Friday 07:30-16:30 with very occasional weekend work.
Are there any benefits?
- Pension at 5%
- Private Health Care
So, what could a normal day consist of?
- Maintaining and weathering
- Working as part of a wider team of domestic, secretarial and grounds staff, work towards the common goal of maintaining an impressive, visually impactful property.
- Engage enthusiastically with ad hoc projects to improve the quality of service and standards of presentation.
- Facilitate any servicing and repairs of equipment as required.
- General maintenance of the estate.
I like it, tell me more!
The successful candidate for this Gardener role will be comfortable in the service environment, with a professional and committed approach. You will have excellent communication skills and a proven record of working well as part of a team. Strong organisational skills and a keen eye for detail are essential, as is the need to remain adaptable to the needs of this employer. The employer is happy to consider candidates at any experience level, however, you will need to demonstrate why this is the role for you. You will be required to operate sit-on mowers, quad bikes, mini tractors a daily basis
What do you want from me?
To be considered for this Gardener role, you will need the following experience:
- A willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Ability to work to agreed standards; with direction, to work with a wide range of horticultural tools and equipment, in a safe manner
- Ability to grasp information and apply recently gained knowledge
- Keen to dig in and help with labor intensive duties
- Good communication skills
- Problem solving and use of initiative
- Enthusiasm for working outdoors and deliver high standards of presentation
- Attention to detail
- Must have the ability to work effectively under pressure and be able to react to changing priorities
- Current UK driving licence desirable but not essential
YES, I'm definitely interested. Tell me what I need to do next!
If you are interested in applying for this Gardener role, please click "Apply Now" or contact one of the Simpson Dean Team on 01494 419 192