Logistics and Operations
Logistics and Operations
£60,000 per annum + performance related bonus
Based near London
An exciting new Head of Global Logistics and Operations role has arisen within our client's business. We are seeking someone with the ability to lead from the front with a strong knowledge of eCommerce operations, international shipping and global logistics.
Are there any benefits?
- 23 days holiday (increasing after 2 years service)
- Pension-plus company contribution
So, what could a normal day consist of?
- Build "global product collections" for each client - ensuring the quality of branding of products selected and visuals on the store are on brand and consistent globally and compliant
- Coordinate where required with development team, supervise and action warehouse billing (USA, EMEA, INDIA, APAC)
- Globally communicate with the client to recommend functional upgrades (e.g. low inventory reports, voucher codes)
- Oversee and ensure all webstores are merchandised properly and provide an outstanding user experience for EMEA, INDIA and APA
- Maintain smooth transactions and operations of all client webstores
- Monitor and ensure efficient customer support (email, phone enquiries).
- Be the point of escalation for service queries
- Oversee the onboarding of new Customer stores and stock management
- Oversee warehouse and Store service invoicing via Accounts and Warehouse departments and action monthly accurate and timely billing of all store clients (USA, INDIA, EMEA & APAC)
- Monitor GP declaration each month
- Monitor Store activity and report activity to COO on a regular basis. Develop a set of reports to achieve this
- Review systems and processes and recommend, implement appropriate changes/improvements on a continuing basis
- Work with Senior Management on ad hoc warehouse and logistics projects (e.g. new warehouses, pitching for new business, detailed analysis)
- Assist COO with costing/pricing decisions on warehouse/logistics/stores projects.
- Senior interface between warehouse team and other departments – e.g. Accounting
I like it, tell me more!
The successful candidate for this Head of Global Logistics and Operations role should be able to demonstrate the ability to lead from the front with a strong knowledge of eCommerce operations, international shipping coupled with commercial savvy.
What do you want from me?
To be considered for this Head of Global Logistics and Operations role, you will need the following experience:
- A thorough understanding around Global Logistics; legalities and jurisdictions of delivering goods to Asia, Inia, UK and Amsterdam is required.
- Experience of Importer of Record (IOR) and KC certification and import and export rules and taxes is needed.
- Familiarity with local government rules and regulations including implication surrounding Brexit is required.
- A thorough understanding of Warehouse operations and commercials i.e. Pick and Pack, storage, associated costs and the ability to negotiate contractual costs with new and existing warehouses is vital.
- A comprehensive understanding of ecommerce, specifically webstores, is essential.
- Previous experience of being indirectly responsible for the relationships & performance measures with the global courier companies ie Fedex
- Man management experience would obviously be advantageous.
- A logical thinker, with strong reasoning and problem solving skills
- Demonstrate the ability to think creatively
- be experienced in Customer Service
- Possess good data analysis skills
- Have excellent time management skills, with the ability to plan ahead and deal with unexpected changes.
YES, I'm definitely interested. Tell me what I need to do next!
If you are interested in applying for this Head of Global Logistics and Operations role, please click "Apply Now" or contact one of the Simpson Dean Team on 0207 082 8100.