c£24,000 per annum
An exciting new IT Assistant role has arisen within our client's business. This is an exciting newly developed role to complement our existing team. The primary focus will be to assist with systems and the busy IT service desk for our 135 users.The role will be mainly based at the head office, High Wycombe office but will require travel to our other offices or sites. It is thought that the new role will be based at Amersham for part of the week (potentially two days) and therefore a driving licence and own car are essential for the role.
Are there any benefits?
- Rewards and discounts scheme
- Accrue more holiday after 5 years
- Vouchers scheme
So, what could a normal day consist of?
- Troubleshoot common hardware/software issues is essential.
- Diagnose problems and discern what level of support is needed when a problem is presented.
- Ability to meet deadlines and adapt to changing schedules.
- Work autonomously – but also able to recognise when there is a need to ask for help.
- Induction and training of all new employees.
- Assistance with new system implementation and office moves
- Continuous technological improvement.
- Any other tasks that may be reasonably be required. Specific duties or responsibilities may be reviewed from time to time to reflect changes in personnel and management structure, staff location and services.
- Contributing to the wider business effort, which will include participating in specific firm wide technological change initiatives and projects as required.
- Assist in developing and maintaining resources on the firm’s intranet.
- Training documents
I like it, tell me more!
The successful candidate for this IT Assistant role should be able to display a rapid response and resilience and be able to maintain composure and a sense of humour in the face of a heavy workload and constant interruptions.
What do you want from me?
To be considered for this IT Assistant role, you will need the following experience:
- Highly Proficient in Windows 10,Microsoft server versions, MS Office versions, Active Directory and Networking
- Experience of a 1st line role and able to set up workstations and take lots of calls dealing with 1st line enquiries around printer problems, unable to log in, etc.
- Experience of setting up users
- Experience of troubleshooting printers, scanners, PC’s, mobile phones and tablets
- Driven to self motivate and keep up to date with developments in the field.
- Creates a positive impact with colleagues, peers, partners and clients and is able to demonstrate diplomacy, listening and influencing skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player who works collaboratively and who is proactive with a ‘can do attitude’.
- Demonstrates consistent excellent service delivery to internal clients.
- Full Driving Licence
Desired experience :
- Microsoft SQL server
- Microsoft Azure or a similar cloud environment
- Office 365
YES, I'm definitely interested. Tell me what I need to do next!
If you are interested in applying for this IT Assistant role, please click "Apply Now" or contact one of the Simpson Dean Team on 01494 419 192