c£30,000 per annum
An exciting new Gardener role has arisen within our client's business. We are seeking an accomplished horticulturalist to manage and lead a small team of grounds staff over an 140-acre private estate. As the gardener you will also manage the maintenance of all equipment and machinery, keeping them in good condition in line with prescribed servicing schedules and be responsible for the general maintenance of the estate. This position will be working Monday - Friday 07:30-16:30 with very occasional weekend work.
Are there any benefits?
- Pension at 5%
- Private Health Care
So, what could a normal day consist of?
- Manage the workload of all grounds staff and gardening/agricultural contractors.
- Schedule the tasks of all grounds staff.
- Working as part of a wider team of domestic, secretarial and grounds staff, work towards the common goal of maintaining an impressive, visually impactful property.
- Engage enthusiastically with ad hoc projects to improve the quality of service and standards of presentation.
- Facilitate any servicing and repairs of equipment as required.
- General maintenance of the estate.
I like it, tell me more!
The successful candidate for this Gardener role will be comfortable in the service environment, with a professional and committed approach. You will have excellent communication skills and a proven record of working well as part of a team. Strong organisational skills and a keen eye for detail are essential, as is the need to remain adaptable to the needs of this employer.
What do you want from me?
To be considered for this Gardener role, you will need the following experience:
- Proven history of coordinating people to accomplish a demanding range of tasks
- Keen to dig in and help with labor intensive duties
- Good communication skills
- Problem solving and use of initiative
- Attention to detail
- Must have the ability to work effectively under pressure and be able to react to changing priorities
- Current UK driving licence
YES, I'm definitely interested. Tell me what I need to do next!
If you are interested in applying for this Gardener role, please click "Apply Now" or contact one of the Simpson Dean Team on 01494 419 192