IT Support Technician
IT Support Technician
c£24,000 per annum
An exciting new IT Support Technician role has arisen within our client's business. We are seeking someone To be responsible for providing IT support to computer users within the business, providing first level desktop support services to all departments related to the operation of computer hardware, software and telecommunications.
Are there any benefits?
- Pension at 2% in-line with the current government legislation increasing in the future with option to pay via Salary Sacrifice
- Death in Service (4 x annual salary)
So, what could a normal day consist of?
• Installation and maintenance of IT and telecommunications equipment.
• Providing 1st/2nd line support to users
• Imaging of workstations and laptops
• Set up mobile devices
• Ensure all work is conducted in accordance with company Procedures
• Ensure all work is carried out with due regard to Health and Safety
• Identify and resolve any Health & Safety matters promptly, escalating to a relevant member of senior management where necessary
• Undertake and participate in all training activities
• Perform any other reasonable duties as requested
• Help answer all trouble shooting calls/emails and log work orders into our tracking software.
• Assist in administering and maintaining local and web-based versions of software
• Assist in the administration and maintenance of all relevant Internal systems and programs
• Communicate with internal clients professionally, effectively and efficiently to resolve help desk issues; maintaining confidentiality at all times
• Maintain up to date records and logs as required
• Assist with the purchase and inventory management of software licenses, software, hardware, and other IT supplies
• Promotes responsible usage and care of corporate equipment.
• Be responsible for support and maintenance of IT equipment and installation and maintenance of remote support tools (Citrix etc)
• Support the IT Director in the smooth running and development of the IT department.
• Undertake other duties and tasks that from time to time may be required and that are appropriate to the role.
I like it, tell me more!
The successful candidate for this IT Support Technician role should be able to Support the IT Director in the smooth running and development of the IT department.
What do you want from me?
To be considered for this IT Support Technician role, you will need the following experience:
- IT Technician Education
- Hold a recognised IT qualification and at least 1 years’ experience in a similar role, or a recent graduation with an IT related degree.
- GCSE’s including English and Math or the equivalent
Microsoft Windows operating systems ( 7/8/10)
- Antivirus and anti-spam technologies
Microsoft Office (2016)
- SQL report writing and database management
- Microsoft Office 2013+
- Backup systems (Shadowprotect, Veeam)
- Disaster recovery
- Citrix / Thin Client
- Windows Server 2008 – 2016
- Virtualisation technologies and management
- Active Directory
YES, I'm definitely interested. Tell me what I need to do next!
If you are interested in applying for this IT Support Technician role, please click "Apply Now" or contact one of the Simpson Dean Team on 01494 419 192