IT Support Technician
IT Support Technician
c£24,000 per annum
An exciting new IT Support Technician role has arisen within our client's business. We are seeking someone with a calm, logical and patient demeanor with 1 years' experience in a similar role or a recent graduation with an IT related degree.
Are there any benefitsParkingPension at 2% in-line with the current government legislation increasing in the future with option to pay via Salary Sacrifice Death in Service (4 x annual salary)
So, what could a normal day consist of?
To be 1st – 2nd line support in resolving a range of IT issues that arise
- To manage and resolve in a timely manner all IT cases that are logged internally
- To bolster the day-to-day relationship with our IT Suppliers
- To create and maintain accurate user profiles on server infrastructure and all other systems
- Installation and maintenance of remote support tools and packages
- To configure and setup hardware in to the corporate environment (PCs, laptops, printers etc)
- To train users on company IT products and systems
- To proactively monitor the server hardware & software, licenses and backups on a routine basis (to troubleshoot & resolve issues that may arise)
- Software report writing as required
- Maintain a tidy working environment including server room
- To carry out other duties as reasonably required by the company
I like it, tell me more!
The successful candidate for this IT Support Technician role will be responsible for resolving all IT support requests for the company and approved clients at the direction of the IT Manager. Assisting in the running of efficient, consistent and scalable IT Infrastructure.
What do you want from me?
To be considered for this IT Support Technician role, you will need the following experience:
- Windows Server 2008 - 2016
- Microsoft office 2013+
- Windows 7/8/10 Professional / Enterprise
- Microsoft Exchange 2016
- Active Directory
- Hardware configuration and troubleshooting (inc printers)
- SQL report writing and database management
- Virtualisation technologies and management
- Backup systems (Shadowprotect)
- Disaster recovery
YES, I'm definitely interested. Tell me what I need to do next!
If you are interested in applying for this IT Support Technician role, please click "Apply Now" or contact one of the Simpson Dean Team on 01494 419 192