Graduate Project Manager
Graduate Project Manager
c£35,000 Per year
Permanent, Full time
Our Client, a distinguished residential development company building bespoke thoughtfully designed homes, is looking for a Graduate Project Manager to take responsibility for the construction of a residential development, with a view to overseeing several sites at once and the construction side of the business as a whole as projects progress. This will include the programming & procurement of works on-site. Each site is typically a 12 month project for 3 to 6 dwellings.
So, what could a normal day consist of?
- Overseeing the work of sub-contractors and ensuring quality and performance
- Scheduling labour and material orders, allocating resources, anticipating issues to prevent delays to the project ensuring deadlines are met
- Working closely with Managing Director and the support team at head office
- Checking blue prints and specifications under the supervision of the Managing Director to avoid errors
- Liaising with the professional team ensuring consistency of information
- Planning several weeks ahead to ensure a smooth construction process with the minimum of delays
- Checking tenders received are in accordance with the companies requirements
- Taking responsibility for Health & Safety on each site
I like it, tell me more!
As the Graduate Project Manager, you will take responsibility for one site initially, but as your experience increases, several small sites within close proximity. This role would suit someone who has experience working in the residential construction sector and is looking for the opportunity to expand their knowledge and progress their career. You should be confident in your ability to manage a team of sub-contractors in accordance with the program for each site, working with technical drawings and able to meet agreed timescales. The ability to build working relationships with the team on site will be essential.
What do you want from me?
To be considered for this exciting Graduate Project Manager role you will need the following experience and attributes:
- The ability to take responsibility and accountability for the construction element of each residential project
- An enthusiasm for the industry and speculative residential development in particular
- Ability to safeguard the interests of the company and protect profitability
- Hard working and pro-active with a willingness to take the initiative
- Has a sound commercial knowledge and understanding of construction
- Technically minded
- Possesses the tenacity required to drive each project forward
- Comfortable multi-tasking under pressure
- Have previously worked in the residential construction sector
YES, I am very interested. Tell me what I need to do next!
If you are interested in applying for this Graduate Project Manager position, please click ‘Apply Now’ below or contact one of the Simpson Dean Team by email on [email protected] or by phone on 01494 419 192