Project Manager Construction
Project Manager Construction
c£60-70,000 Per year
Permanent, Full time
Our Client, a distinguished residential development company building bespoke thoughtfully designed homes, is looking for a Project Manager Construction to take responsibility for the construction side of the business, in particular the programming & procurement of works on-site. Each site is typically a 12 month project for 3 to 6 dwellings with usually several sites over lapping.
So, what could a normal day consist of?
- Overseeing the work of sub-contractors and ensuring quality and performance
- Scheduling labour and material orders, allocating resources, anticipating issues to prevent delays to the project ensuring deadlines are met
- Working closely with the support team at head office
- Checking blue prints and specifications thoroughly to avoid errors
- Liaising with the professional team ensuring consistency of information
- Planning several weeks ahead to ensure a smooth construction process with the minimum of delays
- Checking tenders received are in accordance with the companies requirements
- Taking responsibility for Health & Safety on each site
I like it, tell me more!
As the Project Manager Construction, you will take responsibility for several small sites within close proximity. This role would suit someone who has considerable experience working in the residential construction sector who is confident of their technical knowledge of the construction process and analysing detailed drawings, working well within their comfort zone. They should be confident managing a team of sub-contractors in accordance with the programme for each site, and taking responsibility for delivering to the agreed timescales. The ability to build working relationships with the team on site will be essential. This suits a candidate that prefers to be part of a small team with a common goal of delivering a quality bespoke product with minimal defects that ensures a happy customer in their new home.
What do you want from me?
To be considered for this exciting Project Manager Construction, you will need the following experience and attributes:
- The ability to take responsibility and accountability for the construction element of each residential project
- Happy to get involved where necessary
- Adaptable to all situations
- Ability to safeguard the interests of the company and protect profitability
- Hard working and happy to take initiative
- Appreciates the importance of managing a team of sub-contractors
- Has a sound commercial knowledge and understanding of construction
- Technically minded
- Posses the tenacity required to drive the project forward
- Has experience in recruiting new sub-contractors, checking previous work and references
- Comfortable multi-tasking
- Have considerable experience working in the residential construction sector
YES, I am very interested. Tell me what I need to do next!
If you are interested in applying for this Project Manager Construction position, please click ‘Apply Now’ below or contact one of the Simpson Dean Team by email on [email protected] or by phone on 01494 419 192