c£25,000 per annum
Based near Chesham
Full-Time and Permanent
We are looking for a Workshop Joiner for our client's business. We are seeking a candidate who has experience with CNC/wood working machines.
Ideally, you will have experience and a passion for woodwork/joinery and have practised this in a role before. You will also be required to carry out product assembly and general workshop activities.
Please note, this is a very physical role and will require a good level of strength and fitness due to the nature of items being produced. You must also be comfortable being able to work under instruction from workshop supervisors.
Are there any benefits?
- Training will be given, but underpinning knowledge needed
- Company pension
- 29 days holiday
- You will be part of a fantastic team
So, what could a normal day consist of?
- Selecting and machining wood based on cutting lists generated for orders
- Laminating and gluing timbers ready to be machined
- Working in an organised environment with attention to detail for high end finished products
- Work from CAD drawings
- Work with various hand tools, including hand routers, sanding machines, drill drivers and chop saws
- Assembly of doors and frames to a high specification
- Packing of doors and frames ready for dispatch and delivery
I like it tell me more
The successful candidate for this Workshop Joiner role should already possess experience in working in similar workshop or factory environment.
As we said before, you will need relevant experience and also a keen interest in carpentry / woodwork. This is a small but very dynamic team, so the right fit is key for you and our client.
This company produces products of a high quality, the craftsmanship involved is advanced and the skills you learn will help to form a lifelong career.
The successful candidate for this Workshop Joiner position will be enthusiastic and have drive but, above all, be reliable and conscientious.
What do you want from me?
To be considered for this Workshop Joiner role, you will need the following experience:
- Work experience in wood work, joinery or carpentry
- Construction backgrounds are favourable
- Workshop manufacturing experience within the least 3 years
- Full driving licence
- Good communication skills
- Great work ethic
- Excellent time keeping
YES, I'm definitely interested. Tell me what I need to do next!
If you are interested in applying for this Workshop Joiner role, please click "Apply Now" or contact one of the Simpson Dean Team on 01494 419 192