Up to £30,000 DOE per annum
Based in the heart of Buckinghamshire
Permanent, Full Time
Our client is experiencing an exciting period of growth and are looking for an experienced Bookkeeper to join their busy and friendly team.
Reporting to the Manager responsible for client’s accounts, the Bookkeeper will be responsible for maintaining and updating client records with all aspects of bookkeeping.
The successful candidate will be able to 'hit the ground running' as they will have primary responsibility for the VAT Returns and bookkeeping for a range of clients including sole traders, limited companies and partnerships who come from a selection of industries and vary in size.
So what could a typical day consist of?
- Maintaining and updating client’s accounting records (mainly on Xero software)
- Accurately preparing VAT Returns and submitting them to HMRC
- Communicating effectively and professionally with clients
- Effective communication with clients and colleagues
- Supporting colleagues and clients as necessary
- Obtaining the necessary information to allow VAT returns to be submitted before the submission deadline
- Preparing Management Accounts as and when required and ensuring they are prepared and reviewed by reporting deadline
I like it, tell me more!
The Bookkeeper role is mainly office-based, however, there could be occasions when it may be required to travel to client premises.
Support is available from the immediate manager or Director but it is expected that basic bookkeeping functions and processing, including analysis of transactions, will be done with minimal support.
Members of the team have their own portfolio of clients and all are required, from time to time, to assist and support when other staff are on annual or sickness leave. Including analysis of transactions, will be done with minimal support.
What do you want from me?
- Previous experience of bookkeeping and preparation of VAT Returns - essential
- A good basic knowledge of VAT - essential
- AAT Accounting or bookkeeping qualification - advantageous
- Experience of Xero Cloud Accounting Software - advantageous
- Sage Line 50, Microsoft Excel & Word, Quick Books and other accounting software
- Good effective communication skills
- Ability and self-discipline to work efficiently and effectively toward meeting VAT return submission deadlines
- Management Accounts experience – advantageous but not essential have an excellent attention to detail
- Ability to develop and maintain client and colleague relationships
- Ability to display good verbal and written communication skills
- Have a positive, enthusiastic approach to work
YES, I'm definitely interested. Tell me what I need to do next!
If you are interested in applying for this Bookkeeper role, please click "Apply Now" or contact on of the Simpson Dean Team on 01494 419 192