|Sector / Industry||
|Job Type||Full time|
c£70,000 Per year
Based Near Amersham
Permanent, Full time
Brief two-line description of role
Our Client, a distinguished and fast-growing residential development company who is known for their professionalism, is looking for a Project/Contracts Manager to take control of the construction side of the business. Each site is typically a 12 month project for 2 to 6 dwellings with usually 3 sites over lapping at any one time.
So, what could a normal day consist of?
- Overseeing the work of tradesmen and ensuring quality and timeliness of their works.
- Scheduling work and material orders, allocating resources, quality control and completion according to the schedule
- Ensure procurement of labour and materials to prevent delays
- Ensuring each site keeps to program
- Working closely with the support team at head office with a desire to be part of a small team all supporting each other
- Planning 3 to 4 weeks ahead to ensure a smooth construction process with the minimum of delays.
- Taking responsibility for Health & Safety on each site
I like it, tell me more!
As the Project/Contracts Manager, you will take responsibility for typically 3 sites locally within a small radius/ 10 minute drive of each other. This role would suit someone who has had many years working in the residential construction sector who is confident of their technical knowledge of the construction process and analysing detailed drawings and would be working within their comfort zone. They should be confident agreeing a programme for each site with the Managing Director and then taking responsibility for delivering to the agreed timescales. This is a smaller company that is seeking a candidate that prefers to be part of a small team with a common goal. Will suit those looking to deliver a quality product at the upper end of the market with minimal defects that ensures a delighted purchaser.
What do you want from me?
To be considered for this exciting Project/Contracts Manager, you will need the following experience:
- The ability to take responsibility and accountability for the construction element of each residential project
- Not precious about chipping in where necessary, focused on completing the job in hand.
- Adaptable to all situations
- Ability to defend the interests of the company and protect profitability
- Hard working able to take the initiative
- Understanding the importance of managing a team of sub-contractors
- General commercial knowledge and understanding
- Technically minded
- Confidence to drive the project forward
- Researching new sub-contractors and checking previous work and references
- Comfortable multi-tasking
- A sound commercial knowledge and understanding of construction
- Many years experience on site
YES, I am very interested. Tell me what I need to do next!
If you are interested in applying for this Project/Contracts Manager position, please click ‘Apply Now’ below or contact one of the Simpson Dean Team by email on [email protected] or by phone on 01494 419 192.